Sunday 21 October 2007

Show-And-Tell

There are three comics (if you can call them that) which I follow and want to share with all of you. They are all made of something different, containing a unique ingredient that makes their individual tastes stand out. To stomach them you require an open sense of humour, an enjoyment of insanity, an understanding of randomness.
HERE THEY COME!


Dinosaur Comics: Randomness in all its dinosaur-shaped glory.


This is where the 'awesome' quote comes from.



XKCD: 'A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language.'
The drawing are simple and the text complicated. If you like science and comedy you are going to love this.




Truth and Beauty Bombs: Disjointed, ecologically valid photography that captures life as it is; beautiful in all its ugliness, short in every long day, gentle in all its harshness. And the words that shape the images are all that create a softer world.



I'd Rather Die Terrified
Than Live Forever



4 comments:

Enigma said...

The first one was weird in a non-funny way. The second one was amusing but not hilarious. And the third one...what's to say apart from *yaaawn*? I like being annoying.

Marina said...

Who be you!? Did you not read my introduction? Open sense of humour! A requirement of being insane! Sheesh, what a tough public. I am very sad and shocked that someone would not find T-rex’s jokes funny! O_o! I will illogically assume you didn’t get it! Here, let me help. http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000023.html

Lyle said...

Nice! You like Dinosaur Comics too eh? Which explains your dinosaur thing that V's told me about I'm guessing. One night I just stayed up clicking 'next' :)

And XKCD, my favorite webcomic by far! :) Must try rollercoaster-chess for myself sometime...

A Softer World is very different from the other two, but I get why you like it. Very deep, philosophical.

I recommend you check out Indexed if you haven't already, which follows the XKCD idea of 'graphs speaking louder than words' :) Enjoy!

Marina said...

Thank you! I actually left a few out so I may revisit this post! And Dinosaur comics, I did the same thing(clickclickclick). I can actually understand why someone would be decidedly unimpressed with, but damn, I love it! I adore T-rex! I wish I were a male dinosaur!!! >_<